Sorry, nothing in cart.
Terms & Conditions
www.sherwoodbooks.co.za (the “Website”) is owned and operated by Sherwood Books CC, a company with the registration number: 2000/030283/23 (hereinafter referred to as “Sherwood Books”).
- Users Bound by Terms and Conditions: Visitors to the Website (“Users” or “you”), including those Users who purchase any products on the Website (“Purchasers”) are bound by these terms and conditions (“T&C”). If the user does not wish to be bound by these terms and conditions, then he / she may elect not to use the content of this website.
- Disclaimer Warranty: The contents of this site are provided “as is” without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied, including but not limited to warranties of merchantability, fitness for a purpose and non-infringement.The owner of this site, the authors of these contents and in general anybody connected to this site in any way, from now on collectively called “Providers”, assume no responsibility for errors or omissions in these contents.The Providers further do not warrant, guarantee or make any representation regarding the safety, reliability, accuracy, correctness or completeness of these contents. The Providers shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, general, special, incidental or consequential damages (including -without limitation- data loss, lost revenues and lost profit) which may result from the inability to use or the correct or incorrect use, abuse, or misuse of these contents, even if the Providers have been informed of the possibilities of such damages. The Providers cannot assume any obligation or responsibility.The use of these contents is forbidden in those places where the law does not allow this disclaimer to take full effect.
- Updating of Terms and Conditions: Provider reserves the rights to change, modify, add or remove from portions or the whole of these Terms and Conditions from time to time. Changes to these Terms and Conditions will become effective upon such changes being posted to this Website. It is the User’s obligation to periodically check these Terms and Conditions at the Website for changes or updates. The User’s continued use of this Website following the posting of changes or updates will be considered notice of the User’s acceptance to abide by and be bound by these Terms and Conditions, including such changes or updates. The Users will not be able to claim any compensation due to such user being unable to use any part of the website or due to failure, suspension or withdrawal of all or part of the website due to circumstances beyond our control.
- Copyright and Intellectual Property Rights: Provider provides certain information on the Website. Content currently or anticipated to be displayed at this Website is provided by Provider, its affiliates and/or subsidiary, or any other third party owners of such content, and includes but is not limited to Published Books. All such works, and the compilation of the proprietary works, are the copyright of the Provider, its affiliates, or any other third party owner of such rights (“the Owners”), and is protected by South African and international copyright laws. The Providers reserve the right to make any changes to the Website, the Content, or to products and/or services offered through the Website at any times and without notice. All rights in and to the Content is reserved and retained by the Owners. Except as specified in these Terms and Conditions, the User is not granted a license or any other right including without limitation under Copyright, Trademark, Patent or other Intellectual Property Rights in or to the Content.The user may not access, display, use, download and/or otherwise copy or distribute any of the content of this website.
- Agreement of Sale: Placing a product into your shopping basket or adding it to your wishlist without completing the purchase cycle does not:· constitute an agreement of sale; and/or· constitute an order for such productand as such, a product may be removed from the shopping basket if stock is no longer available and you cannot hold Sherwood Books liable if such product is not available when the purchase cycle is completed at a later stage.
- Third Party Websites: In an attempt to provide increased value to our Users, we may provide links to other websites or resources. You acknowledge and agree that we are not responsible for the availability of such external sites or resources, and do not endorse and are not responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for the privacy practices or the content (including misrepresentative or defamatory content) of such websites, including (without limitation) any advertising, products or other materials or services on or available from such websites or resources, nor for any damage, loss or offence caused or alleged to be caused by, or in connection with, the use of or reliance on any such content, goods or services available on such external sites or resources.
- Delivery Policy: 8.1.Sherwood Books offers you the option to collect your order from store or have it delivered to you once payment has been confirmed
as per your items in shopping cart.
This is subject to stock availability (refer to clause 3 below).8.2.Sherwood Books charges the following nationwide main city and regional centers delivery charges for purchases made:· R79 incl. VAT for the first book.· R19 incl. VAT for each book thereafter.· All purchases are fully insured until delivery to you has been effected.
8.3.All deliveries effected within 24-72 hours once order has been processed (time varies due to your location) unless a particular
product is not in stock and has to be ordered, allow 7-8 days delivery.
8.4.Shipping to high risk/outlying areas (Farms, Stalls, Locations etc.) may incur additional charges. The additional charge will be communicated via email and payment will have to be made before the order is despatched.
- Returns/Refunds/Credit Note Policy: We do not grant any refunds unless the product is defective. If product is returned within seven days of purchase a credit note for the purchase price of such product will be given. Such credit note will be valid until redeemed.
- Jurisdiction: South African law will solely Govern the conditions here in and South African Courts will have sole jurisdiction in respect of any dispute arising. However Sherwood Books shall have the right at their sole discretion to institute legal proceeding at an alternative Jurisdiction.Terms and Conditions do not apply to international customers.
- Orders: In terms of the Service provider’s policy the order of digital products via Sherwood Books constitutes a firm sale of an eBook and once an eBook has been downloaded and an order confirmation has been sent to the Visitor in the prescribed manner the order is final and cannot be cancelled or returned. Note that by purchasing an eBook the Visitor only acquires the right to download such eBook.
- Content: All eBooks are the exclusive property of the publisher or its licensors and are protected by copyright and other intellectual property laws. All such proprietary works, and the compilation of the proprietary works, are copyright protected content of the Publishers, the Service Provider, its affiliates or subsidiary, or any other third party owner of such rights (“the Owners”), and are protected by South African and international copyright laws. All rights in and to the content are reserved and retained by the Owners of the specific information/content. The Visitor is not granted a license or any other right including without limitation to Copyright, Trademark, Patent or any other Intellectual Property Rights in or to the content.
- Digital Rights Management and illegal use: Where content is DRM-protected, the Visitor who first clicks on the eBook URL which downloads the eBook will be able to read the eBook on up to six (or less if specified by the publisher) devices that are associated with the Visitor’s Adobe profile. The download of eBooks is intended for personal and non-commercial use only. Note that DRM (digital rights management) applies to certain content and that if a file has been DRM-protected any other use of eBooks purchased from the Service Provider is illegal and strictly prohibited, including but not limited to modify, transmit, publish, participate in the transfer or sale of, reproduce, create derivative works from, distribute, perform, display, or in any way exploit, any of the content of eBooks, in whole or in part.
Physical address: 1 Derby Place(off UNIVERSITY ROAD), Derby Downs Office Park, Westville, Durban, 3633
Phone Number: +27 312 669 830
Fax Number: +27 312 669 838