The new edition of Writing for Journalists focuses on the key issue for writers working across all forms of media today: how to produce clear, engaging and illuminating copy that will keep the reader hooked from start to finish.
Written by skilled specialist contributors and drawing on a broad range of examples to illustrate the best professional practice, this edition includes:
- chapters on how to write news, features and reviews whatever the format used for delivery
- expanded chapters on writing for digital publication in both shortform and longform
- top tips on writing columns and blogs from leading professionals
- an exploration of the importance of style and its impact on great journalistic writing
- an extensive glossary of terms used in journalism and suggestions for further reading
This is an essential guide to good writing for all practising journalists and students of journalism.