Veterinary Medicine is a comprehensive textbook of the diseases of cattle, horses, sheep, pigs and goats that addresses the needs of both students and large/mixed animal veterinary practitioners. It has come to be extensively used as a reference by veterinarians around the world: it has attained international relevance, recognition and acceptance with several translations.
For the new 11th edition Ken Hinchcliff and Peter Constable are joined as editors by Professor Stanley Done, a distinguished authority on the diseases of pigs, and by [a fourth European editor tbc], giving an editorial team of international scope and expertise.
The new edition has been reorganized into two volumes for ease of use and offers many new features and topics. The text has been reviewed in its entirety and edited for concision while retaining the same level of detail and scope of coverage, and the references have been comprehensively updated since the previous edition.
With this revised edition of Veterinary Medicine a companion App is also offered, which presentsin handy mobile format differential diagnoses, synopses of key points from the book, and tips and practical hints on therapeutics. When used in conjunction, the Veterinary Medicine book and App make an unbeatable reference that combines all the benefits of comprehensiveness with the convenience of portability .
- Includes important information essential to any large-animal veterinarian, especially those working with horses, cattle, sheep, pigs, or goats.
- User-friendly format allows the reader to quickly absorb key information.
- Quick review/synopsis sections for complex diseases make important information easy to find.
- Features content on major diseases of all countries, including foreign animal and emerging diseases.
New to this Edition
- Content reorganized and restructured by organ-system into two volumes that now present the same authoritative content and comprehensive coverage but with added convenience and accessibility.
- All-new design offers decisively improved navigation: species are picked out by colour coding; text signposting is improved; heading system is reorganized; more boxes, tables and charts aid quick reference.
- Now presenting over 100 new colour photographs and line drawings
- New chapter added on diseases of the bovine reproductive system [author].
- New chapter added on new world camelids and their specific diseases
- Updated and expanded chapter on pharmacotherapy lists therapeutic interventions and offers colour-coded treatment boxes and principles of antibiotic use [author].
- Expanded sections on herd health, including biosecurity and handy ‘approach to the flock’ boxes.
- Additional content offered on lameness in cattle
- Additional content included on the diseases of cervids
- The Veterinary Medicine App gives you instant reference to differential diagnoses, key therapeutics data and essential summary points from your mobile device.