Covering contemporary policy issues, perspectives from practice and a range of common syndromes and barriers Special Educational Needs presents a wealth of information and guidance for students and professionals on how to achieve effective, inclusive practice.
Second edition features include:
· fully revised annotated further readings and links to useful websites;
· a new chapter on Autism and Applied Behaviour Analysis (ABA)
· a new chapter on Down Syndrome
· updated reference to legislation, including the SEND Code of Practice (2014)
· updated case studies covering 0-18 age range
This comprehensive course text is ideal for students, teachers, practitioners and specialists, and provides a solid foundation for understanding and supporting learners with additional needs.