Teaching and learning resources are all the materials, aids and equipment that teachers use to facilitate effective teaching and learning within their classrooms. Teaching resources should include a wide range of visual, auditory, audio-visual, text/graph-based, tactile or multimedia materials, such as posters, flashcards, storybooks, digital storybooks, videos, songs, puppets. They also include equipment such as white boards, laptops and projectors.
Teaching and learning resources can assist learners throughout the learning process and make learning more memorable because visual and tactile experiences amplify long-term memory.
Contents include the following:
- Selecting culturally and developmentally appropriate indoor and outdoor resources
- Using specific skills and techniques to make resources
- Protecting, storing and caring for resources
- Developing curriculum-related resources for life skills, mathematics and languages
- Including technology as a resource in the classroom
Resource development: a practical guide for teachers is aimed at teachers in preschools and schools that use teaching and learning resources daily to enhance their classroom activities, as well as parents that need to assist their children with school projects.