Graphs & Digraphs masterfully employs student-friendly exposition, clear proofs, abundant examples, and numerous exercises to provide an essential understanding of the concepts, theorems, history, and applications of graph theory.
Fully updated and thoughtfully reorganized to make reading and locating material easier for instructors and students, the Sixth Edition of this bestselling, classroom-tested text:
- Adds more than 160 new exercises
- Presents many new concepts, theorems, and examples
- Includes recent major contributions to long-standing conjectures such as the Hamiltonian Factorization Conjecture, 1-Factorization Conjecture, and Alspach’s Conjecture on graph decompositions
- Supplies a proof of the perfect graph theorem
- Features a revised chapter on the probabilistic method in graph theory with many results integrated throughout the text
At the end of the book are indices and lists of mathematicians’ names, terms, symbols, and useful references. There is also a section giving hints and solutions to all odd-numbered exercises. A complete solutions manual is available with qualifying course adoption.
Graphs & Digraphs, Sixth Edition remains the consummate text for an advanced undergraduate level or introductory graduate level course or two-semester sequence on graph theory, exploring the subject’s fascinating history while covering a host of interesting problems and diverse applications.