Fully updated and expanded, this third edition of the top-selling Field Guide to Common Trees & Shrubs of East Africa now features more than 520 of the trees and shrubs – indigenous and naturalized exotics – commonly found in the region.
Each of the four sections – trees, shrubs, palms and mangroves – is arranged in alphabetical order according to scientifi c name. The book features:
• An informative introduction to families.
• Species accounts describing the plants’ habitat, bark, leaves, fl owers and fruit.
• General and commercial applications and uses in traditional medicine.
• Almost 2,000 photographs depicting the species, its fruit, fl owers and bark.
• Glossaries, both textual and illustrated, of botanical and medical terms.