This revised third edition of Essential First Aid: Manual for Southern Africa has been updated and in so doing, provides everything needed to act effectively in medical and first aid emergencies. Revised by a team of experienced Red Cross first aid trainers, the manual teaches how to recognise emergency situations and medical conditions and offers guidance in providing first aid treatment.
• Includes sections on anatomy and physiology and emergency childbirth
• Each module has a self-assessment and scenario section
• Each module has a signs, symptoms, and treatment feature
• Variations for infants and children
• Over 200 illustrations
• Simple and clear language, user-friendly design.