Sorry, nothing in cart.
What information do we collect?
We collect information from you when you register on our site, place an order, subscribe to our newsletter or fill out a form.
When ordering or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your name, e-mail address, mailing address or phone number. You may, however, visit our site anonymously.
We collect the following information:
- Full IP address
- HTTP cookies
- Transaction history
- Unique identifiers
- Purchase information
- Preference data
What do we use your information for?
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
– To personalize your experience
(your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs)
– To improve our website
(we continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you)
– To improve customer service
(your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs)
- Web site and system administration.
- Research and development.
- User analysis.
This data will be used by ourselves and our agents.
- The following explanation is provided for why this data is collected:
- Your IP Address is automatically collected and used for the following purposes:
- Quality control – to evaluate the technical performance of our web site.
- Diagnosing problems with our server.
- Administration of our web site.
- Gather broad demographic information.
- Assessing the utility and popularity of our product features and site areas.
In addition, the following types of entities will receive this information:
- Delivery services.
The following explanation is provided for why this data is collected:
- Our web site uses an order form for customers to request information, products or services.
- This information is used to contact you should there be a problem with processing your order or request.
- We will also use this information to inform you, via e-mail, about information about our products and services.
- The Promotion of Access to Information Act, Act 2 of 2000, gives you, the user, the right to request access to any information that we may have concerning you. For your convenience, you can view and update this information once you have logged into your account at http://www.sherwoodbooks.co.za
How do we protect your information?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you place an order or access your personal information.
We offer the use of a secure server. All supplied sensitive information is transmitted via COMODO Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our Payment gateway providers database only to be accessible by those authorized with special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential.
After a transaction, your private information (credit cards, social security numbers, financials, etc.) will not be stored on our servers.
Yes (Cookies are small files that a site or its service provider transfers to your computer’s hard drive through your Web browser (if you allow) that enables the sites or service providers systems to recognize your browser and capture and remember certain information
Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.